Marcheflor – Associazione Florovivaisti della Marche – was founded on 13th February 1996 as a professional instrument to adequately solve the problems of this sector.
Its reference Area is the Marche region with a particularly high concentration of Enterprises in the Province of Ascoli Piceno.
The Association includes 120 Member Enterprises which are in a position to offer a wide range of ornamental plants that belong to the typical Mediterranean Flora.
Thanks to Marcheflor the small and medium enterprises that prevalently occupy this sector of agriculture, can locally fin(d) a gathering point that provides technical assistance, professional training for operators and competitive marketing orientation to improve the scheduling of offers.
The activities carried out by the Association are the following:
- Collective Purchases of Goods for floristry;
- Handling of Passports for plants;
- Policy Actions for this sector directed to Regional and National Structures;
- Execution of Produce Standardization records and improvement of products by means of production specifications.
- Promotional autochthonal vegetation at Local Institutions for the Establishment of Parks with recreational facilities;
- Assistance and Technical Advice for enterprises;
- Initiatives to be scheduled with the Association of Hotelkeepers
- Activation of Marketing pipelines;
- PSR 2007.2013 – Elaboration of projects.
Marcheflor has taken part in many initiatives, such as the “Oleandro” Project, aiming at the improvement of products and at the national and international promotion of the Mediterranean vegetation. It also means to rouse interest in Public Institutions and increase environmental awareness by teaching the young generations the values of Nature and the safeguard of plants and flowers.